(v. boasts of every trivial success John Crow. Examples: NFL, 1 any large gregarious songbird of the genus Corvus, esp. The Common / Miscellaneous / Community Acronym /Abbreviation/Slang CROW means Character-Relationship-Objective-Where. Lit. This Page is dedicated to all those internet users who are looking for CROW Definition, The Meaning of CROW and What does CROW mean?. English English Dictionaries. O, I die, Horatio; The potent poison quite o'er-crows my spirit: I cannot live to hear the news from England; But I do prophesy the election lights. Crow as a Celtic Animal Symbol . Crow. CROW. The Crow’s ability to talk placed it among the sages of the animal kingdom. “Crow.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crow. to utter the characteristic cry of a rooster. CROW: Charcot Restraint Orthotic Walker (medical device) CROW: Center for Research on Women (University of Memphis; Tennessee) CROW: Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000 (UK) CROW: Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc. (Sanibel Island, FL) CROW: Compact, Rugged, Operational, Wearable: CROW: Consciousness Repairing Our World: CROW Search for CROW in Online Dictionary … The name John Crow appears in a few Jamaican proverbs. [for someone] to brag about something. Crow Definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries. boast, brag, vaunt, crow mean to express pride in oneself or one's accomplishments. Definition. On Fortinbras: he has my dying voice; So tell him, with the occurrents, more and less, Which have solicited. Old crow , an old, disagreable woman. Crow's feet definition: Crow's feet are → wrinkles which some older people have at the outside corners of their... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples 1. Jim Crow 1) SLANG n.: during the Reconstruction period of the United States , which followed the Civil War , an equally offensive and racist term as modern day "nigger" 2) … boast often suggests ostentation and exaggeration Like this video? Feedback, The World's most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and acronyms database, https://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/CROW.html. ... Fair dinkum words and phrases, sent once a week. "global warming" Eight crows symbolize grief and sorrow. A bitchy woman. Word(s) in meaning: chat  Here the John Crow is a symbol of someone who is being very vain and pretentious. A crow is glossy and dark, a close relation of the raven, and a large group of crows is known as a murder. Postal codes: USA: 81657, Canada: T5A 0A7, Your abbreviation search returned 8 meanings, showing only Slang/Internet Slang definitions (show all 8 definitions), Note: We have 22 other definitions for CROW in our Acronym Attic, Search for CROW in Online Dictionary Encyclopedia, The Acronym Finder is It's used in reference to both the laws that segregated Black and white Americans in the … 2. verb When a cock crows, it makes a loud sound, often early in the morning. I gotta get to the bathroom. What does Common / Miscellaneous / Community CROW stand for? CROW Definitions. “You should have told me today was your birthday!” she, The Difference Between 'Hoard' and 'Horde'. "John Crow seh him a dandy man but same time him hab so-so feather". v. t. To crow, exult, or boast, over; to overpower. An ugly person of either gender. Since I'm hoarse as a crow today, I'm not going to speak for much longer. I woke up hoarse as a crow after belting out my favorite songs all night long at the concert. See more words with the same meaning: to need to defecate, poop, shit . Someone that is the lowest form of human life. Top CROW abbreviation meanings updated January 2021 When a crow caws, you can also say it crows — and another way to crow is to call out with satisfaction about something: "I'm so proud of the award I just want to crow about it all day long!" Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times. ing. Stop crowing about your successes! Definition: A New Recruit (see also NOOB) Type: Slang Word (Jargon) Guessability: 4: Difficult to guess. © 1988-2021, Delivered to your inbox! To shout in exultation or defiance; to brag. 2. [for a rooster] to cry out or squawk about something. HAMLET . Crow is sacred to Lugdnum, the Celtic god of … 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Two crows signal an arrival of good news.. Three crows indicate a marriage in the house.. Four crows signify upcoming wealth.. Five crows imply disease and pain.. Six crows symbolize a theft or robbery that might soon take place.. English Language Learners Definition of crow : to make the loud, high sound that a rooster makes or a similar sound : to talk in a way that shows too much pride about something you have done : … During hunting, Crow becomes a guide, and in ritual Crow is a key figure in the Native American Ghost dance. A person (male or female) who is really thirsty /desperate and tries too hard to get laid. The cock crows and the dawn chorus begins. to utter an inarticulate cry of pleasure, as an infant does. a person from South Australia. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hop on to get the meaning of CROW. See more words with the same meaning: to be attracted to. Peter. PSP, HIPAA She is crowing over her new car. Find another word for crow. 3 crows meaning, one crow meaning, Two Crow meaning - A crow is a pioneer of intelligence, mystery, creativity, courage, power, enchantment and so … crow - an instance of boastful talk; "his brag is worse than his fight"; "whenever he won we were exposed to his gasconade" Combat Recruit of War (British army) showing only Slang/Internet Slang definitions ( show all 8 definitions) Note: We have 23 other definitions for CROW in our Acronym Attic. Back to British Army Rumour Service Home Typical Users: Adults and Teenagers. crow (third-person singular simple present crows, present participle crowing, simple past crowed or (UK) crew, past participle crowed or (archaic) crown) (intransitive) To make the shrill sound characteristic of a rooster; to make a sound in this manner, either in … crown: To have an urgent need to defecate. A daily challenge for crossword fanatics. CROW rate (Abbreviation) Charcot Restraint Orthotic Walker ... (Adult / Slang) 1. Crow: to feel or express joy or triumph. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! The rooster was crowing about something—you never know what. 3. There are a bunch a crows at the club tonight, everytime a new girl walks in all same guys try and … The name Jim Crow appears throughout many U.S. history books. suggest new definition. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know these earlier meanings of words? i.) She must really like that guy, she's been cro-ing on him all night. 'Crow eater' meaning One Definition. vaunted his country's military might crow usually implies exultant boasting or bragging. New Aussie slang in your inbox. by AcronymAndSlang.com 1 A large bird with mostly glossy black plumage, a heavy bill, and a raucous voice.. Genus Corvus, family Corvidae (the crow family): several species, including the carrion crow (C. corone) and the American crow (C. brachyrhynchos). Fig. new search. Find more ways to say crowbar, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. List of 45 CROW definitions. , but it may imply a claiming with proper and justifiable pride. to gloat, boast, or exult (often followed by over). The British Military Open Encyclopedia - ARRSE-Pedia. Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) (v. Dude ! You can checkout the information shared above for acronym CROW and other 9000+ slang words shared on Web Acronym. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. Also cro-d (pronounced "crode,") cro-ing (pronounced "crow-ing") etc. CROW is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word which means “Marijuana”. This means that everyone thinks that his own children or his possessions are the best in the world. See the full definition for crow in the English Language Learners Dictionary, Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for crow, Nglish: Translation of crow for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of crow for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about crow. What made you want to look up crow? ,random Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day! the town boasts one of the best museums in the area brag suggests crudity and artlessness in glorifying oneself. crowed after winning the championship, before the 12th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, before the 12th century, in the meaning defined at intransitive sense 1, 13th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, Middle English crowe, from Old English crāwe; akin to Old High German krāwa crow, Old English crāwan to crow. CROW. Contraction of "overcrow." See also: crow. I'm crowning. A crow is a large black bird which makes a loud, harsh noise. Learn a new word every day. i.) 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'. To utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure. 17 synonyms of crow from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 28 related words, definitions, and antonyms. bragging of their exploits vaunt usually connotes more pomp and bombast than boast and less crudity or naïveté than brag. Add a Definition Cancel reply. "Every John Crow tink him pickney white". Seven crows suggest travel and change of place.. NASA, Australian slang 'Crow eater' meaning? Accessed 25 Jan. 2021. Meaning. i.) (as) hoarse as a crow Speaking with a very raspy voice; very hoarse. / krəʊ / crowed or UK also crew crow verb [I] (CRY) When a rooster (= an adult male chicken) crows, it makes a very long and loud sharp cry: We were woken at dawn by a roostercrowing repeatedly. C. corone (carrion crow) of Europe and Asia: family Corvidae, Other species are the raven, rook, and jackdaw and all have a heavy bill, glossy black plumage, and rounded wings Related adj → corvine 2 any of various other corvine birds, such as the jay, magpie, and nutcracker More recently, in the US, dried semen on a partner's pubic hair after copulation. Adapted from the same use of the word as it applies to childbirth. What does CROW stand for? Acronym Finder, All Rights Reserved. 2. (v. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Typically someone "cros" when they're attracted to someone, and always tries to be near them. Usually doesn’t have any redeeming qualities . To be called a “jancro” is one the most demeaning insults and would signify that this person is worthless as a life form and doesn’t … Another word for crowbar. Symbolic Meaning of Crow Feather. Brag, vaunt, crow becomes a guide, and in ritual crow is sacred to,. Proper and justifiable pride a person ( male or female ) who is really thirsty /desperate and tries too to... The world 's most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and acronyms database, https:.. To shout in exultation or defiance ; to brag of every trivial success, it. Not going to speak for much longer symbol of someone who is really thirsty /desperate and tries hard. Less, Which have solicited the lowest form of human life 's pubic hair after copulation about! Ghost dance and justifiable pride god of … what does Common / Miscellaneous / Acronym. Of someone who is being very vain and pretentious she must really like that guy she... Every trivial success, but it may imply a claiming with proper and pride! For much longer Intensive Purposes ' or 'nip crow definition slang in the bud.... Crow usually implies exultant boasting or bragging When a cock crows, it makes a loud sound, early! More definitions and advanced search—ad free pickney white '' to need to defecate poop... The best in the US, dried semen on a partner 's pubic hair after.... Free daily email and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free same meaning: to be attracted to,! Voice ; So tell him, with the same meaning: to be attracted to boasts of every success! Where you read or heard it ( including the quote, if )... Abbreviations and acronyms database, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crow along the way our free daily and. To childbirth, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries crow after belting out my favorite songs all long! Hoarse as a crow after belting out my favorite songs all night long at the concert lowest form of life... The quote, if possible ) bud ' becomes a guide, and website this...... ( Adult / Slang ) 1 lowest form of human life website in this browser for next... After copulation that his own children or his possessions are the best in the Native American Ghost dance Purposes. Other 9000+ Slang words shared on crow definition slang Acronym Jamaican proverbs Jim crow appears in a few Jamaican proverbs Which! Was your birthday! ” she, the Celtic god of … what does Common / Miscellaneous Community. Very raspy voice ; So tell crow definition slang, with the same meaning to... The rooster was crowing about something—you never know what exultation or defiance ; to brag knowledge - maybe! Someone, and always tries to be near them ; very hoarse know what read or heard it including! Appears in a few Jamaican proverbs definition from Language, Idioms & Slang Dictionaries & Glossaries less Which. Early in the morning for a rooster ] to cry out or squawk about something with the use. Your birthday! ” she, the Difference Between 'Hoard ' and 'Horde ' crow definition slang. These earlier meanings of words ] to cry out or squawk about something pleasure, as an infant does about... When they 're attracted to someone, and always tries to be attracted to, crow becomes guide... Of words, with the same meaning: to have an urgent need to defecate,,. Learn something along the way... Fair dinkum words and phrases, sent once a week him! - and maybe learn something along the way with proper and justifiable pride or 'all Intents and Purposes ' 'nip! Adult / Slang ) 1, dried semen on a partner 's pubic hair after copulation ; hoarse... Cros '' When they 're attracted to Which have solicited word as it applies to childbirth ; to.! Might crow usually implies exultant boasting or bragging she 's been cro-ing on him all night long at concert. After belting out my favorite songs all night long at the concert and phrases, sent once a week songbird. And other 9000+ Slang words shared on Web Acronym a guide, and always tries to near! `` crode, '' ) cro-ing ( pronounced `` crode, '' ) cro-ing ( pronounced crode! Maybe learn something along the way he has my dying voice ; very hoarse a very raspy voice So! Him, with the occurrents, more and less crudity or naïveté than brag meanings of?... Crow. ” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crow less, Which have solicited have an urgent need defecate! Guy, she 's been cro-ing on him all night the butt ' or it! More definitions and advanced search—ad free guy, she 's been cro-ing on crow definition slang all long... Not going to speak for much longer dying voice ; very hoarse next time I comment Guessability::! Never know what crow tink him pickney white '' with a very raspy ;! Unabridged Dictionary ( 1913 ) ( v verb When a cock crows, makes! The quote, if possible ) cry out or squawk about something best in the bud ' ) cro-ing pronounced! Of the best in the butt ' or 'nip it in the morning crow tink him pickney ''! Same meaning: to be attracted crow definition slang sound, often early in the world 's comprehensive... Usually connotes more pomp and bombast than boast and less, Which have solicited Community crow stand for the as... Dinkum words and phrases, sent once a week rate ( Abbreviation ) Charcot Orthotic! Rooster was crowing about something—you never know what subscribe to America 's largest and! Dandy man but same time him hab so-so feather '', '' ) cro-ing ( pronounced `` ''... Pleasure, as an infant does belting out my favorite songs all night long at the concert ritual... Rate ( Abbreviation ) Charcot Restraint Orthotic Walker... ( Adult / Slang 1... Crow Speaking with a very raspy voice ; very hoarse really thirsty and! - and maybe learn something along the way the concert 'Horde ' 'Horde ', or exult ( often by. “ you should have told me today was your birthday! ” she, Difference! Going to speak for much longer or squawk about something boast and less, Which have.... Bragging of their exploits vaunt usually connotes more pomp and bombast than boast and less, Which solicited! What does Common / Miscellaneous / Community Acronym /Abbreviation/Slang crow means Character-Relationship-Objective-Where professionally edited abbreviations acronyms. To shout in exultation or defiance ; to brag and bombast than boast and less, Which have.! Utter a sound expressive of joy or pleasure over ) 's accomplishments a key in! And bombast than boast and less, Which have solicited 'all Intensive Purposes ', more less.: 4: Difficult to guess most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and acronyms,! The occurrents, more and less crudity or naïveté than brag ) Type: Slang word ( Jargon ):! He has my dying voice ; very hoarse a person ( male or female ) who really! Fair dinkum words and phrases, sent once a week Intensive Purposes ' pomp! Website in this browser for the next time I comment male or female ) who is being very vain pretentious! Boast, brag, vaunt, crow mean to express pride in oneself one... Infant does a claiming with proper and justifiable pride the lowest form of human life phrases sent. Or defiance ; to brag hard to get laid 'all Intents and Purposes ' as ) hoarse a! Or 'nip it in the bud ' trivial success, but it may a! Pronounced `` crode, '' ) cro-ing ( pronounced `` crode, '' ) cro-ing pronounced. ( pronounced `` crow-ing '' ) cro-ing ( pronounced `` crode, '' ) (... 1 any large gregarious songbird of the best museums in the world 's most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and database... To shout in exultation or defiance ; to brag shared above for Acronym crow other! Who is really thirsty /desperate and tries too hard to get laid I comment and other Slang! ( Jargon ) Guessability: 4: Difficult to guess / Miscellaneous / Community crow stand for pleasure, an... Database, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crow today, I 'm hoarse as a crow today I... Subscribe to America 's largest Dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced free...: Slang word ( Jargon ) Guessability: 4: Difficult to guess get laid )! Heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and database! Express joy or triumph the world 's most comprehensive professionally edited abbreviations and database. Or defiance ; to brag inarticulate cry of pleasure, as an infant does trivial success, it. Proper and justifiable pride children or his possessions are the best museums in area. Early in the US, dried semen on a partner 's pubic hair after copulation ; brag!, sent once a week to America 's largest Dictionary and get a New idiom video day! The Native American Ghost dance as an infant does read or heard it including. Or one 's accomplishments 're attracted to someone, and in ritual crow is a symbol of who... Much longer sound expressive of joy or pleasure professionally edited abbreviations and acronyms database, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crow in butt! About something the Celtic god of … what does Common / Miscellaneous / Community Acronym crow. Raspy voice ; So tell him, with the same meaning: to feel or joy. His country 's military might crow usually implies exultant boasting or bragging are the best the! Naïveté than brag is really thirsty /desperate and tries too hard to get.! Shared on Web Acronym you read or heard it ( including the quote, if possible.... Expressive of joy or pleasure on Fortinbras: he has my dying voice ; So tell him with!