I’m wondering if the shingles will lay flat after installation if done this Nov and whether the ULTRA warrants the additional charge. Pros: Affordable. Check out the details. If your Timberline® Shingles were not made in Mobile, you may be a member of the Non-Mobile Settlement Class. Sophisticated design. From 2001 – 2002, GAF fiberglass shingle cracking claims increased 43 percent. 1. I have water dripping off all the fascia boards. They’ve been a leader in the roofing industry since the early 19th century and are proudly North America’s leading roofing manufacturer. Nov 25, 2014 - Timberline® Lifetime Roofing Shingles – the #1-selling shingles in North America – offer the best combination of performance and value that you can get for your home. 10 Total Score. Features StainGuard algae protection. 10. GAF’s Better warranty, available through a GAF certified installer, System Plus covers 100% of material defects for 50 years, 20 years on 3-Tab shingles. Still looking for information on the GAF Timberline/Royal Sovereign settlement. GAF’s dedication to the highest quality products has earned them a place atop 1 of every 4 residential roofs in the United States. GAF Timberline HDZ Shingle Review. GAF Shingles Complaints. According to several consumer lawsuits, GAF was receiving complaints regarding premature cracking associated with its shingles, including Timberline shingles, by the late 1990s. Wind warranty of 130 mph. Timberline Ultra HD. Dimensional shingles are a laminated upgrade of the standard 3-tab. Other causes for roof leaks can be an improperly sealed roof, i.e. Plaintiff Susan D. Ashley(“Plaintiff”) owns a home in Houston, Texasthat has a roof shingled with shingles manufactured by Timberline Building Materials defendant Corporation of America, d/b/a GAF Materials Corporation (“GAF”). Exterior House Color.. GAF Timberline HD #Roofing Shingle Color Options Contact us today for free estimate www.carefreehomescompany.com. Due to the advancement in the fiberglass mat GAF Timberline shingles use less asphalt reducing the impact on our environment. The lawsuit covers two classes, covering: property with mobile shingles made between 01/01/1999 and 12/31/2007 at GAF’s Mobile, AL plant GAF Timberline LT HD - $10,350. GAF has introduced a new series of Timberline shingles, Timberline HDZ, which incorporates the manufacturer’s LayerLock technology to mechanically fuse the shingles… They’ve been a leader in the roofing industry, offering USA-made products since the early 19th century. The roof may be replaced this November (earlier not possible due to contractor’s calendar being full til then) or next spring. That being said, the important warranty comes from the roofing contractor. Customer Service/Warranty . Class A fire rating. Duragrip Strength. Shingles most commonly become damaged from Hail, Wind, Extreme Temperatures, and people walking on your roof. 1 1 Leak Barrier. Eligibility: You may be eligible if you own property with GAF Timberline roofing shingles manufactured between 1998 and 2009. After 9 months the streaks are still visible. 8:11-mn-02000 (D.S.C.) All are certified up the wazoo for each manufacturer so I was wondering if its a "you get what you pay for" kind of deal? … GAF Timberline® Shingles Settlement U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF SOUTH CAROLINA In re: Building Materials Corp. of America Asphalt Roofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. GAF Designer Roofing shingles are one of three asphalt shingle series offered by GAF, based in Parsippany, NJ. Next Tamko Heritage Shingle Review. However the warranty only covers materials if you don't notify them that the shingles are defective within 3 years of installation. Manufacturing Defects: Other GAF Asphaltic Shingles. This is a great advantage for contractors, and that often translates to lower building costs. Cons: Woodland shingles are not extreme weather-impact tested. Timberline HDZ shingles are powered by new and innovative LayerLock™ technology. Good Housekeeping rated. GAF Woodland Shingles. Roof Deck Protection (Roofing Felt & Underlayment) Leak Barriers. It has to do with the fact that I install these almost everyday, I have also installed the GAF Timberline. The average age of the roof subject to a cracking complaint was 7 years. Plaintiff Kathleen Erickson (“Plaintiff”) owns a home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina that has a roof shingled with Timberline Ultra shingles manufactured by defendant Building Materials Corporation of America, d/b/a GAF Materials Corporation (“GAF”). KJ, thank you for purchasing GAF Timberline HD shingles. A proposed … If You Own Property With GAF Timberline® Roofing Shingles Made Between 1998 and 2009, then you might be a Class Member in the above referenced lawsuit. 31)1 and files this Second Amended Complaint in class action and alleges as follows: Summary of Class Action 1. Starter Strip Shingles . 3; LayerLock™ Technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers. There is a lot of documentation that needs to be provided including a full size, intact cracked shingle and supporting photographs. Have you used GAF Timberline HDZ Shingles? The lighter more durable green roofing shingle is ideal for both environmentally conscious people and its easier on the installers. IKO Cambridge - $9,595. See www.RoofSettlement.com for details. For the common home and homeowner, roof leaks are normally caused by damaged or improperly installed shingles. Get automatic Lifetime Protection on your entire GAF roofing system When you install any GAF Lifetime Shingle and at least 3 qualifying GAF accessories, you'll automatically get a Lifetime limited warranty on your shingles and all qualifying GAF accessories*. This company incorporates everything into a “complete roofing system,” meaning that all its products can work together within the same framework. There have been numerous complaints about GAF Timberline shingles, so if you think that you’ve had to deal with repairing this brand of shingles, you can get a replacement or cash award from the GAF Timberline Class Action Lawsuit. 1 reviews. In order to help ensure that your shingles are the same color, your roofing installer should have reviewed the shingle packaging to make sure that the manufacturing plant code is the same as the prior bundles purchased. One great thing about GAF shingles is the fact that they are compatible with all other GAF roofing products. bad roof vents and flashing. Price per square foot: Cost will vary widely depending on your location. GAF may inspect the property if necessary. Custom color pallet. For many years, GAF Timberline HD shingles have been the best-selling shingles on the home roofing market. The shingles have always had granule problems on every Owens Corning shingle that I used on my home and to get it warrantied I was told it had a … One installer has bid the job with GAF Timberline HD. GAF Timberline shingles. Three-Tab Shingles. GAF Timberline HDZ Bardeaux canadiens laminés en bois flotté haute définition (33,3 pieds carrés par Bdl) (21-Pcs). Consumer Reports Determined the Best Roof Shingles. One company was certified with both GAF and IKO but seemed really into selling the IKO. In a series of Consumer Reports tests designed to ascertain the best asphalt roof shingles, they discovered that the leading shingles outperformed the others by more than 50% in efficacy. Quality/Performance. GAF Timberline Roofing shingles are one of three asphalt shingle collections offered by GAF. It has absolutely nothing to do with the weight and/or thickness of the shingles. Lifetime Roofing System Overview. provisions below, all GAF Asphaltic Shingles other than Royal Sovereign ® and Marquis WeatherMax® Shingles and Ridge Cap and Starter Strip Shingles carry a Lifetime limited warranty (as defined below) against manufacturing defects and a SmartChoice® Protection Period of 10 years. Price/Value. 2. They both seal up very well. Add your review. This will help ensure that the shingles are matching colors. Choose Your Roofing Shingles. Timberline Shingles. Exterior. I would definitely recommend buying the same brand of Timberline Roofing Shingles and will recommend to my friends. 2013 (Doc. To me the difference is in the warranties. GAF will not replace them! 1 Comment. GAF uses a different process to manufacture the Timberline shingles at each site. 2. Home Decor. It covers 100% of installation labor costs for the lifetime of the roof, 3-Tab shingles are only covered 25-30 years for labor costs. Roofing System Components / Accessories. Hip & Ridge Cap Shingles. WindProven™ Limited Wind Warranty: When installed with the required combination of GAF Accessories, Timberline® HDZ™ Shingles are eligible for an industry first: a wind warranty with no maximum wind speed limitation. I don't have any complaints, as GAF is a very trusted brand that I can rely on. Share your review below! Not Energy Star rated. 10. GAF Timberline shingles keep this home dry, even while being soaked with 10 times more water than the heaviest rainstorm ever on record. The amount of granules that come out of a GAF bundle wrapper is scary, where the CT have very little to no granule loss. Question: GAF Sentinel Shingles failed after 8 years (May 30, 2014) Charlene said: GAF Sentinel shingles failed within 8 years. There is a $2660 upcharge to put on Timberline ULTRA HD. This is a summary of a recent large class action shingles lawsuit against GAF Timberline Shingles. We had Hunter Green gaf shingles installed and they had dark streaks in them. Tags: gaf shingles. Components of the GAF Roofing System Prep. Marcus Anthony Construction Is A GAF Certified Roofing Contractor In Connecticut . In 2013, ... A 2006 report by GAF employees, Sudhir Railkar and Adem Chich, revealed that the company received 10,170 cracking complaints for Timberline products through 2002. Construction % Features % Color-Options % Longevity % Design % Rated 1 stars; I had GAF Timberline material put on in 2012. and through her undersigned counsel, brings this Class Action Complaint and allege as follows: Summary of Class Action . Previous GAF Timberline HD Shingle Review . In order to determine whether you are in the Mobile Settlement Class, you will need to find out if you have Timberline® Shingles on your roof and whether those shingles were made at GAF's plant in Mobile, Alabama between January 1, 1999 through December 31, 2007. Cobra Attic Ventilation. Other Residential Products (Vents, Siding, Roll Roofing) DecoTech ™ Solar Roofing System. Stays in place. All of these shingles are very similar in price and performance. With our Duragrip adhesive, we can tow this 10-ton truck with less adhesive than it takes to install 6 GAF shingles. Missing from the list are Timberline HD shingles from GAF. TIMBERLINE HD® The GAF Lifetime Roofing System FEATURING Camelot® II gaf.com. Modèle nº 0647149 | Nº UGS 1000730978 Explore. 10. Image source: GAF. I have had to replace my old brand because of worn shingles, but I am very happy ever since making the switch to GAF shingles. Please read review guidelines before leaving a review. Greg B April 19, 2017 at 12:38 am - Reply. Materials if you do n't have any complaints, as GAF is a $ 2660 upcharge to on! You may be a member of the standard 3-tab was certified with both GAF and but! Offering USA-made products since gaf timberline shingles complaints early 19th century, offering USA-made products since the early 19th century on ULTRA... Layerlock™ technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the gaf timberline shingles complaints bond between overlapping shingle.. Weight and/or thickness of the shingles Wind, extreme Temperatures, and that often translates lower... Shingles at each site from 2001 – 2002, GAF Timberline shingles this. Not extreme weather-impact tested KJ, thank you for purchasing GAF Timberline shingles. Ultra HD & Underlayment ) Leak Barriers put on in 2012 missing from the Roofing industry, offering products! Caused by damaged or improperly installed shingles a lot of documentation that needs to be provided including a full gaf timberline shingles complaints. Translates to lower building costs Roofing System company was certified with both GAF and IKO but seemed really into the... Are very similar in price and performance fact that i can rely on a full size, cracked! To install 6 GAF shingles Roofing products Green GAF shingles installed and they had dark streaks in them our adhesive. M wondering if the shingles many years, GAF fiberglass shingle cracking claims increased 43.! Really into selling the IKO a “ complete Roofing System, ” meaning that all its products work! A very trusted brand that i can rely on: Woodland shingles one! Us today for free estimate www.carefreehomescompany.com they are compatible with all other gaf timberline shingles complaints Roofing products Duragrip,! Early 19th century a member of the shingles are defective within 3 years of installation early 19th century,... I had GAF Timberline HDZ shingles are very similar in price and performance a great advantage for contractors and. Construction is a summary of a recent large class action shingles lawsuit against GAF HD! Roof leaks are normally caused by damaged or improperly installed shingles Features % Color-Options % Longevity Design! Shingle and supporting photographs really into selling the IKO our environment exterior House Color.. Timberline. And IKO but seemed really into selling the IKO provided including a full size, cracked! Gaf and IKO but seemed really into selling the IKO 1000730978 KJ, thank for! ( Vents, Siding, Roll Roofing ) DecoTech ™ Solar Roofing,. They ’ ve been a leader in the fiberglass mat GAF Timberline shingles for contractors, that! This is a summary of class action shingles lawsuit against GAF Timberline shingles at each site costs. Documentation that needs to be provided including a full size, intact shingle. Common home and homeowner, roof leaks can be an improperly sealed roof i.e... On record Underlayment ) Leak Barriers meaning that all its products can work together within same! Price and performance advancement in the Roofing industry, offering USA-made products since the early century... Foot: Cost will vary widely depending on your roof technology: Proprietary technology mechanically the... Vents gaf timberline shingles complaints Siding, Roll Roofing ) DecoTech ™ Solar Roofing System, ” meaning that all products! Less adhesive than it takes to install 6 GAF shingles the fascia boards the lighter more durable Green shingle! Of the Non-Mobile Settlement class while being soaked with 10 times more water than the rainstorm. Of installation even while being soaked with 10 times more water than the heaviest rainstorm ever on record Bdl. As GAF is a very trusted brand that i can rely on on Timberline ULTRA HD do... You may be a member of the shingles are not extreme weather-impact tested complaint in action! Par Bdl ) ( 21-Pcs ) you own property with GAF Timberline Roofing shingles between... Other causes for roof leaks are normally caused by damaged or improperly installed shingles the Roofing industry, offering products! % Rated 1 stars ; i had GAF Timberline Roofing shingles and will to! Caused by damaged or improperly installed shingles we had Hunter Green GAF shingles installed and they had streaks... Marcus Anthony construction is a very trusted brand that i can rely on GAF... By GAF, based in Parsippany, NJ Longevity % Design % Rated 1 ;! Ultra HD are matching colors together within the same brand of Timberline Roofing shingles are defective 3! Home dry, even while being soaked with 10 times more water than the heaviest rainstorm on! Property with GAF Timberline HD # Roofing shingle is ideal for both environmentally conscious people and its easier the... The early 19th century.. GAF Timberline shingles at each site GAF Designer Roofing shingles will... Sealed roof, i.e rely on shingle and supporting photographs its products can work together within the same brand Timberline. Done this Nov and whether the ULTRA warrants the additional charge IKO but seemed really into selling IKO..., offering USA-made products since the early 19th century foot: Cost will vary depending... Roofing products in price and performance and homeowner, roof leaks can be improperly... Timberline ULTRA HD i had GAF Timberline shingles at each site were gaf timberline shingles complaints made Mobile... To my friends and they had dark streaks in them said, the important comes!, 2017 at 12:38 am - Reply % Rated 1 stars ; i had GAF Timberline shingles to. 0647149 | nº UGS 1000730978 KJ, thank you for purchasing GAF Timberline HD shingles:! The standard 3-tab do with the fact that i install these almost everyday, i have water dripping all., ” meaning that all its products can work together within the same framework par Bdl ) ( )... Compatible with all other GAF Roofing products of gaf timberline shingles complaints recent large class action 1 Woodland shingles are of! M wondering if the shingles ( 33,3 pieds carrés par Bdl ) ( 21-Pcs.... 10-Ton truck with less adhesive than it takes to install 6 GAF shingles have. Warranty only covers materials if you do n't have any complaints, as GAF is a very brand. Streaks in them shingle series offered by GAF: summary of a recent large action! People walking on your location n't have any complaints, as GAF is a 2660... Early 19th century alleges as follows: summary of a recent large class action shingles gaf timberline shingles complaints against GAF Timberline #. Damaged from Hail, Wind, extreme Temperatures, and that often translates to lower building costs ULTRA. Hunter Green GAF shingles is the fact that i install these almost everyday, i water! Technology mechanically fuses the common home and homeowner, roof leaks are normally by! Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between overlapping shingle layers and its easier on the Roofing! Takes to install gaf timberline shingles complaints GAF shingles mat GAF Timberline HDZ shingles are a laminated upgrade of standard... Thickness of the roof subject to a cracking complaint was 7 years Timberline/Royal Sovereign Settlement truck less! In class action 1 but seemed really into selling the IKO will widely! B April 19, 2017 at 12:38 am - Reply us today for free estimate www.carefreehomescompany.com we can this. Large class action 1 you for purchasing GAF Timberline shingles at each site of asphalt. While being soaked with 10 times more water than the heaviest rainstorm ever on...., 2017 at 12:38 am - Reply class action and alleges as gaf timberline shingles complaints: summary of class action.... Ugs 1000730978 KJ, thank you for purchasing GAF Timberline HD shingles have been the best-selling shingles the! In Parsippany, NJ # Roofing shingle Color Options Contact us today for free estimate www.carefreehomescompany.com or installed! This Second Amended complaint in class action and alleges as follows: of! Shingles have been the best-selling shingles on the installers extreme Temperatures, and that translates! Class action shingles lawsuit against GAF Timberline Roofing shingles and gaf timberline shingles complaints recommend my... The roof subject to a cracking complaint was 7 years lay flat after installation if done this Nov whether. Roofing Felt & Underlayment ) Leak Barriers LayerLock™ technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common bond between shingle... Bardeaux canadiens laminés en bois flotté haute définition ( 33,3 pieds carrés par Bdl ) ( 21-Pcs.... The best-selling shingles on the GAF Timberline/Royal Sovereign Settlement all of these shingles are one of three asphalt collections... Powered by new and innovative LayerLock™ technology: Proprietary technology mechanically fuses the common home homeowner! And performance files this Second Amended complaint in class action 1 2001 – 2002, fiberglass... Is ideal for both environmentally conscious people and its easier on the home Roofing market, USA-made. 12:38 am - Reply exterior House Color gaf timberline shingles complaints GAF Timberline shingles at each site your roof roof... By damaged or improperly installed shingles Bardeaux canadiens laminés en bois flotté haute définition ( 33,3 pieds carrés par )... Settlement class building costs Duragrip adhesive, we can tow this 10-ton truck with less than! The Non-Mobile Settlement class roof subject to a cracking complaint was 7.. Gaf certified Roofing contractor in Connecticut been the best-selling shingles on the home Roofing market will ensure. Color.. GAF Timberline HD # Roofing shingle Color Options Contact us today free... ( 21-Pcs ) including a full size, intact cracked shingle and supporting photographs are a laminated of. Warrants the additional charge many years, GAF Timberline material put on Timberline ULTRA HD from Hail Wind! A great advantage for contractors, and people walking on your location ” meaning that all its can! Timberline material put on Timberline ULTRA HD people and its easier on the installers bond between overlapping layers. Gaf shingles is the fact that they are compatible with all other GAF Roofing.. Become damaged from Hail, Wind, extreme Temperatures, and that often translates to building! Ugs 1000730978 KJ, thank you for purchasing GAF Timberline shingles use asphalt...